Whataburger food fight between students kicks off after Texas high school game
By Michael Zennie
PUBLISHED: 18:33 EST, 23 September 2013 | UPDATED: 05:50 EST, 24 September 2013
Students from two rival Texas high schools took their animosity with them when they left the stadium Friday - engaging in a massive food fight when they met up at a Whataburger restaurant.
The 60-second volley of burgers, fries and soda left the diner in San Antonio, Texas, completely trashed.
Appalled school administrators and parents have vowed to punish those responsible.
Scroll down for video
Aftermath: The scene after the foodfight between the rival sports fans in Texas
Food fight! Students from rival high schools crowded into Whataburger after the game and soon began throwing food
Fortunately for the students involved, Whataburger, a Texas-based fast food chain, said it would not press charges.
'Campus administrators will review videos to identify students who will face appropriate consequences including suspension from school,' the district said in a statement.
Cell phone video and pictures from the food fight became a nation-wide hit, attracting thousands of comments on Facebook - most of them condemning the poor manners of the high school students.
The food fight broke out between students of O'Connor and Brandeis high schools. Brandeis beat O'Connor 12-10 in their annual match-up.
'Clearly the rivalry between select students from these two high schools got out of hand, resulting in a 30-second food fight that required our team to close the dining area for 30 minutes to clean up the mess left behind,' the company told the San Antonio Express-News in a statement.
Dozens of rival students packed the burger joint after the fast food fight
School administrators have determined it was fans - not football players, cheerleaders or the band - who were involved in the fast food brawl.
San Antonio Independent School District board president Ed Garza, the former mayor, said he was left 'speechless' by the videos, calling it 'an unfortunate display.'
'It shouldn't matter whether we have social media or not to capture this, because students should remember who or what they represent when they act in public or even private — or what's left of that nowadays,' Northside School Board Bobby Blount told the Express-News.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Share what you think
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
Add your comment
Sharkeisha had to be restrained by another girl as her victim lay on the ground covering her face The video was posted on Instagram on ...
- Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dead in fiery car wreck: Actor killed after Porsche GT driven by his friend crashed into pole
- Sandy Lertzman committed suicide taking 31 puppies with her
- Lee Harvey Oswald's widow Marina convinced husband did NOT kill JFK
- 'No f***king shrimp or he die' Chinese restaurant prints blunt reference to customer's food allergy on receipt
- Indoor options for trick-or-treating this Halloween
- Shock: Obamacare website enrolled just SIX people on its launch day, only 248 after two days of operation
- Tiger hits golf ball from one continent to another
- Controversial abortion law survived 13-hour Wendy Davis filibuster but has now been ruled unconstitutional by Texas judge
- Man broadcasts naked, passed out wife live online with his PS4
- Bill Clinton said Obama was 'luckier than a dog with two d***s' to face hapless Mitt Romney in 2008 election
- TLC's Extreme Cheapskates family of four who stick to $1,000 monthly budget
- Family of nurse killed in car crash sue hospital for 'working her to death'
- The most beautiful Craigslist 'Missed Connections' post ever?
- Javonte Douglas throws down possibly the dunk of the year
- Rosie 'the London slave' named as police probe death fall of 'mother'
- Pictured for the first time: Communist sect 'leader' accused of keeping three women as slaves for more than 30 years
- Cincinnati residents disagree with new garbage collecting method
- Giraffes take over Facebook profile pictures as users fail to solve riddle
- Widow of Dallas cop gunned down by JFK killer Lee Harvey Oswald forgives him
- First US Krokodil drug case recorded by doctors in St. Louis
- Eden Miranda left orphaned and fighting for his life after Lodi car crash
- Alien invader? No, the 26ft-long Mangapinna SQUID discovered lurking underneath an offshore oil rig
- New book reveals poignant last moments Jackie Kennedy spent with JFK, kissing him from his feet to his lips in a blood-soaked Chanel suit she refused to take off
- Baldwin's producer friend, 87, accuses the actor of LYING on the stand by saying the elderly man was having an affair with 'Alec's stalker'
'I hired an assistant to do my online dating for me - but it didn't work so I'm taking out a Facebook ad': Meet the cutthroat businesswoman who will stop at nothing to meet a man (just so long as she doesn't have to do any of the leg work) (0)
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Judge orders bakeshop to serve same-sex customers after owner REFUSED to make rainbow wedding cake for gay couple
- Goldman Sachs rogue trader to be jailed seven years AFTER concealing an unauthorized $8.3 billion trading deal
- Porn industry shuts down AGAIN after another star tests positive for HIV
- American tourist, 85, deported from North Korea after being detained over a month
- Alessandra Ambrosio looks picture perfect as she hits the beach during Miami Art Basel
- The Air Force's new top secret MEGA stealth plane is ALREADY flying
- Police officer who shot at minivan full of children FIRED following internal investigation
- Bitcoin in freefall: Value of virtual currency dropping after China questions its legal status
- Man ordered to pay his ex $50,000 after cancelling engagement
- Reddit users track down puppy missing after a hit-and-run accident for an emotional reunion with his desperate owner